Monday, March 21, 2011

A Real Problem!

Dear Vinyl Staff,

I have a bit of a dilemma or more of a problem. As I am a teenager my problem obviously involves a relationship (big surprise). Anyways, there's this girl I have a crush on, a very Big crush. She's really sweet, kind, and pretty. Both of us are very shy, and neither of us have ever been in a relationship. Do you have any tips on how I can tell her that I like her? Any advice would be great.

Thanks Vinyl!

•••
OH MY GOD THIS IS THE CUTEST THING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD.
*ahem*
Okay, IBI just told me that you would probably be embarrassed by me saying this, but whatever. I would like you to know to know that I said "awwww!" after reading this.
Anyways, now to the advice. The way I have often found out who I like liked was by getting a mutual friend who I trusted to ask him. She'll probably say something like (to your friend), "Um... why do you care?" But if your friend can get her to trust him/her, then you'll probably be able to find out who she likes. This is the simplest way if you're both shy. Also, if she's really pretty, tell her that. Just say something like, "Hey, you look nice today." I know I would appreciate the compliment (as long as y'all are friends), because it's simple and not all, "You are *heavy breathing* gorgeous," which is kinda creepy. Anyway, if you're shy, get a friend to do it. 
Sincerely,
EJE

Hooray, somebody who actually is worried enough to send us real advice questions!
Definitely tell her. Preferably in person. And soon. Try asking if she wants to go and do something, like get a cuppa or whatever, something that you could later say was completely platonic and just really fun if it goes sour or awkward. And I most definitely agree with EJE--compliments are the best, even if it's something that doesn't really matter--actually, especially if it's something like her appearance.
- IBI

I agree with everyone else, this is really sweet. I think it'd be best to spit it out and tell her. The more you prepare for it, the less genuine it will seem. Spontaneous gestures of kindness are always really nice. If you keep your feelings bottled up, you'll miss your chance here. That will be something you'll regret later if you really like her. So.. Do it! Be straightforward. And make sure you're somewhere she can hear you.. Nothing is more discouraging than having to repeat things like this. It's hard enough saying it the first time.
Sincerely,
OMO


EEP! This IS amazingly sweet. I think you should go for it and just ask her out or tell her you like her. If she really is as amazing as you think, she'll be nice about it even if she says she doesn't like you the same way. Keep in mind that because she's never been in a relationship before, she has nothing to compare your asking-out abilities to and isn't going to judge you. Just remember to be casual and sweet about it, without seeming like a creeper. Even if she doesn't like you, she'll likely take it as a compliment and be happy that you told her.
Sincerely,
Clyde

No comments:

Post a Comment